One of the Most Popular exams in Nigeria and around the World as well is the TOEFL Examination and in this article, we’ll be briefing on the 2018/2019 TOEFL Registration in Nigeria .
TOEFL iBT test is one of the most popular international exams in the world. If you pass it well enough to fulfill international universities’ requirements, then you can be sure that your future will be great. The test can be both paper-based and online versions and here is how you can register for the examination as brought to you by us here at JUPEBU.
This exam does not only show how good you are in English but passing it also helps foreign institution see you in a better light.
Before you start preparing for the test, you have to get more familiar with the test’s requirements and research more about costs and dates. The TOEFL test may seem very hard to take, but in fact, many websites and companies provide tools and guides to help students to prepare for the test. It evaluates your level of reading, listening, speaking, and writing English skills.
Every year more than 20 million people from different countries in the world take TOEFL test to prove their English-language proficiency. To take the test, you need to have between Intermediate or Advanced English level and be able to prove your knowledge. It’s not just students who plan to study at a university abroad that take the TOEFL but also those who plan to immigrate to English-speaking countries.
The score of TOEFL test is accepted for admission by more than 20,000 colleges in the world. Also, the results of the exam helps you to meet visa requirements of these countries: Australia, the USA, and the U.K. Let’s look at the closest dates when you are able to take TOEFL test in Nigeria and costs of the test. The structure of the exam is as follows;
There are only 9 cities in Nigeria where you can take the TOEFL test. These are Aba, Abuja, Asaba, Benin, Enugu, Jos, Lagos, Owerri, Port Harcourt. All test centers offer equal conditions for fair TOEFL examination and the same cost for the test. In 2017, the cost of TOEFL exam in Nigeria is $180. As you know there are two types of TOEFL testing. All test centers offer the online version of the exam, except Aba, where you can only take TOEFL paper-based test.
The closest date of TOEFL test is the 16th of September, 2017 in Jos city. The latest date that is open for registration is the 24th of February, 2018 in Port Harcourt city. Asaba and Lagos offer the most dates to pass TOEFL test, while Aba and Jos have do not have a lot of dates available. Keep in mind that there are no available dates for registration in Benin city yet. For more detailed information, please visit the official website of TOEFL test and find out the exact dates.
General ID Document Requirements.
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- Be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable and documents cannot be presented on a mobile phone or any other electronic device.
- Be a government-issued national/state/province identity card that is issued and recognized by the country where you are a citizen or resident.
- Be valid; expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable.
- Include your full name exactly matching the name on the ID document used to register, excluding accents or diacritical marks.
- Include a recent, recognizable photograph.
- Include your signature (the name on the ID and the signature name must match).
NOTE – If you are age 15 or younger when you take the test, you must be accompanied by a parent or other authorized adult age 18 or older, who will be required to complete and sign a release form at the test center. That person must stay at the test center throughout the entire testing session, or your scores may be invalidated and your test fee will not be refunded.
Both you and the parent or authorized person must present valid, acceptable ID or you will not be able to take the test. If you are unable to meet the ID requirements, contact the Office of Testing Integrity at TSReturns@ets.org before you register for the test.
Nigeria Acceptable Primary ID Documents.
You must present a valid passport with your name, photograph and signature as your primary ID. There are no exceptions to this policy.
UNACCEPTABLE ID DOCUMENTS.
The following documents are not acceptable as primary or supplemental ID under any circumstances:
- Any document that is photocopied or expired
- Any document presented on a mobile phone or any other electronic device
- Any document that is not recognized by a government agency
- Any document that does not exactly match the name you used when you registered
- International driver’s license
- Draft classification card
- International student ID
- Credit/debit card of any kind
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Employee ID card
- Any temporary ID card
- Diplomatic, consulate or embassy ID card
N/B: If your ID document is not written in English-language letters and the test center supervisor cannot read it, you may not be able to test and your test fee will not be refunded.
How to Register Online.
- Register 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure the name you use when you register exactly matches the identification you will bring on test day. See Identification Requirements. You are required to enter at least 1 form of identification before you can register for a test date.
- Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use a PayPal® account, or an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.Payment methods are subject to change without notice.N/B: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and e-checks are not accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
- Registration closes 7 days before your test date.
- Late registration closes 4 days before your test date and has a late fee of US$40.
- Need help registering online? Use our step-by-step guide (PDF).
If you need more information on TOEFL Registration in Nigeria, kindly let us know by dropping your comment below and we will respond to you promptly and kindly share this post 2018/2019 TOEFL Registration in Nigeria with your friends