At the end of this article, one key thing you will gain is that you will be able to pick the Differences Between IJMB And JUPEB Programme
What is IJMB
IJMB Stand for Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination. In a previous post which I had title IJMB-Everything you need to know, I had written elaborately on IJMB and all there is to know about it, but in this article, I will still touch light a little on it.
It an advanced Level program supervised, run and moderated by Ahmadu Bello University,Zaria which allow successful students to get admissions into 200 Level in many Nigerian Universities.
It was established by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA) in the year 1976, It is approved, proven and moderated by Ahmadu Bello University Zaria with coordinating body in the various tertiary institutions and affiliated study centres nationwide. It is a programme specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities especially as a result JAMB(UTME), deficiency in O’level paper or other reason. Although, candidates with awaiting results can also apply.
What is JUPEB
JUPEB Stands For Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board. JUPEB is a National Examination body saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions.
It was formally established in April 2014 by the conglomerate of (10)partnering universities led by the University of Lagos. It is a newly approved, proven and certified Advanced Level examination moderated by the prestigious University of Lagos and Invariably, having coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different affiliated study centres throughout the federation. JUPEB is specifically designed to give opportunity to candidates who are unable to gain admission to regular degree programme in the Nigerian universities for one cogent reasons or the other.
So who are the People in charge of the Two?
IJMB: The moderator of IJMB in Nigeria is Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (ABU). The exam, marking and result if from the higher institution of learning irrespective the center you register or write exam.
JUPEB: JUPEB is been moderated by UNILAG.
Before looking at the difference, why not see whether they are any similarities between the two.
Without getting yourself confused, here are the similarities between IJMB and JUPEB.
- Both programmes are fully accredited by the council of Nigerian Universities commission as an Advanced programme for Direct Entry admission into 200level.
- Both programmes offers student’s admission into 200level to any department in Nigerian universities that accepts it upon successful completion.
- Both IJMB and JUPEB are run within a year academic calendar, approximately (9-12months) divided into two(2) semester.
- Both programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it science, Art or social science.
- Unlike JAMB, Both programme certificate does not expire, its last forever, but its not for job, its strictly for admission into 200l in the University
- Both programme can be done at various accredited institution or affiliated study centres nationwide, while the final examination and certification comes from the moderating bodies.
- Both programme prospective applicants are to undergo only a combination of 3 subjects that will suit the course of your choice.
- The grading of both programme is on points and it goes thus A=5 points, B=4 points, C=3 points, D=2 points E=1 point while F=0 point and 1 free point provided if you don’t have any F in the result, and the total of the grading is over 15.
Now here’s what you have been waiting
Differences between IJMB and JUPEB
Ever wonder why they is so much comparison between this two and which one is actually the best? Never to worry as we have you covered in the section of the article, so read on below to see what the striking differences are.
- Fees: We can tell you categorically that IJMB fees is very cheaper than JUPEB because the cost of studying for IJMB anywhere in Nigeria is between N70, 000 in our study centres and close to N150, 000 in some other private institutions. While the cost of JUPEB is between N150, 000 in our study centres and N450, 000 in some JUPEB affiliated universities. In addition, application form for IJMB is less than N10,000 while that of JUPEB is above N15,000.
- Moderation/Regulation: IJMB is under the control of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria while JUPEB is being moderated by the University of Lagos, however both certificate can be used for any of its affiliated universities.
- Popularity: Unequivocally, in terms of Public awareness, IJMB is a well known programme all over the federation especially because of its long time existence since 1976. In fact, a vast majority of Nigerians did the programme during their undergraduate days in the 70’s, 80,’s and 90’s even till date. Where as jUPEB is a newly introduced programme, less than 5years, that just came to existence.
- Examinations: Normally, IJMB examination are usually conducted every February yearly while JUPEB is done in May/June every year.
- Acceptability: Finally, we are pleased to inform you that IJMB is accepted in more than 80% of universities in Nigeria ➧IJMB Affiliated Universities, while JUPEB is accepted in all JUPEB affiliated universities, you may check through ➧Official JUPEB Affiliated Universities.
So that is it on The Differences between IJMB and JUPEB. Let me know what you think in the comment box below.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Differences Between IJMB And JUPEB Programme kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article Differences Between IJMB And JUPEB Programme helpful and useful?
If this article on Differences Between IJMB And JUPEB Programme has been helpful Please share.