I f you tend to further your Education in Uniben via the JUPEB Programme then you are reading the perfect article, we’ll be digging on what the UNIBEN JUPEB programme is all about, Uniben Jupeb Courses ,the fees, the fees, duration etc so all you have to do is sit back with a glass of wine and read with us!
UNIBEN JUPEB PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
Each candidate admitted into the programme will be exposed to an intensive academic work in three subject combinations relevant to their desired field of study. The subjects are broken into four courses labeled 001, 002, 003 & 004 with each candidate taking six courses per semester making a total of twelve courses at the end of the programme. In addition, candidates will also take at least two general studies courses (one per semester). Each course will be examined at the end of each semester but the results in all the courses taken will be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain a letter grade in each subject (i.e. A, B, C, D, E & F). The general studies to be chosen by each candidate will be based on general courses relevant to the field of study.
For admission into the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by departments and faculties of choice.
UNIBEN JUPEB PROGRAMME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).
The following Subject Combinations are available:
|1.||Arts||– Government / Literature in English / c.r.s
– History / Literature / Christian Religious Studies
– Economics, Government / Literature in English
|2.||Education||– All the combinations in 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8.|
|3.||Management / Social Sciences||– Economics / Government / Mathematics
– Mathematics / Geography / Economics
– Accounting / Economics / Business studies
|4.||Law||– Government / Literature in English / c.r.s|
|5.||Life Sciences||– Biology / Chemistry / Physics|
|6.||Physical Sciences||– Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics
– Geography / Mathematics / Physics
|7.||Medicine/ Dentistry /
Pharmacy / Nursing
|– Biology / Chemistry / Physics|
|8.||Engineering||– Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics|
All the combinations above meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, etc.
UNIBEN JUPEB PROGRAMME DURATION
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
MODE OF STUDY:
Face to face contact at the University of Benin or other designated venues.
Lectures will be conducted from 3pm – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,550.00) The fee excludes bank charges.
The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- On the UNIBEN website,
- Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2017/2018 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page.
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
- Only coloured print out will be accepted.
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and Telephone numbers.
- Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
Application closes Midnight of 17th August, 2018
UNIBEN JUPEB COURSES
- Foundation in Agriculture
- Foundation in Actuarial Science
- Foundation in Adult Education
- Foundation in Architecture
- Foundation in Biochemistry
- Foundation in Biology Education
- Foundation in Botany
- Foundation in Building
- Foundation in Business Administration
- Foundation in Business Education
- Foundation in Cell Biology and Genetics
- Foundation in Chemical Engineering
- Foundation in Chemistry
- Foundation in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Foundation in Computer Engineering
- Foundation in Computer Sciences
- Foundation in Dentistry
- Foundation in Early Childhood Education
- Foundation in Economics
- Foundation in Economics Education
- Foundation in Educational Administration
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Foundation in English
- Foundation in English Education
- Foundation in Estate Management
- Foundation in Finance
- Foundation in Fisheries
- Foundation in Frence
- Foundation in Geography
- Foundation in Geography Education
- Foundation in Geology
- Foundation in Geophysics
- Foundation in Guidance and Counseling
- Foundation in History and Strategic studies
- Foundation in Home Economics
- Foundation in Human Kinetic and Health Education
- Foundation in Industrial Relations and Personal Management
- Foundation in Insurance
- Foundation in Integrated Science
- Foundation in Law
- Foundation in Marine Biology
- Foundation in Mass Communication
- Foundation in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Foundation in Mathematics
- Foundation in Mathematics Education
- Foundation in Mechanical Engineering
- Foundation in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Foundation in Medicine and Surgery
- Foundation in Microbiology
- Foundation in Music
- Foundation in Nursing Sciences
- Foundation in Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Foundation in Pharmacology
- Foundation in Pharmacy
- Foundation in Philosophy
- Foundation in Physics
- Foundation in Physics Education
- Foundation in Physiology
- Foundation in Physiotherapy
- Foundation in Political Science
- Foundation in Psychology
- Foundation in Quantity Surveying
- Foundation in Radiography
- Foundation in Russian
- Foundation in Sociology
- Foundation in Sports Science
- Foundation in Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Foundation in Systems Engineering
- Foundation in Theater Arts
- Foundation in Urban and Regional Planning
- Foundation in Visual Arts
- Foundation in Yoruba
- Foundation in Zoology
You can reach JUPEBU Customer care line on 08187176895 and 08127077095 for more information and how to get started.