What is JUPEB , Requirements for JUPEB Application, List of universities that accepts JUPEB, JUPEB school fees, How much is JUPEB form… Find answers below. Helplines: 08187176895 or 08127077095
In this post, We plan to provide detailed information about the Joint University Preliminary Examination Board, JUPEB programme. At the end of this post, you should be able to know the following about JUPEB admission programme;
1. What is JUPEB / the Aims of JUPEB
2. Requirements for JUPEB Application
3. Top Universities Affiliated to JUPEB
4. Registration Procedures
5. Duration for the programme
6. Courses you can apply for using JUPEB certificate
7. JUPEB School Fees and Cost for JUPEB Application Form
8. How JUPEB Certificate Exams are Set and Graded
9. How to Pass JUPEB and so on.
If you have any enquiry to make at the end of this post, don’t hesitate to call any of our helplines below. You can also ask questions using the comment section of this post.
Now, let’s move to the first question on the list above;
What is JUPEB ?
JUPEB means Joint University Preliminary Examination Board. It is a year programme that is coordinated and moderated by University of Lagos, UNILAG. The programme is similar to IJMB programme in the sense that it can be used to secure admission into 200lv without JAMB.
The JUPEB certificate is acceptable for admission into 200lv without JAMB in almost all federal, state and private Universities within Nigeria. Below, are the list of some of the top universities that accepts JUPEB certificate.
- University of Lagos
- University of Benin
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Calabar
- University of Uyo
- University of Nigeria, Nsuka
- University of Ilorin
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Jos
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Abuja
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta amongst others.
If your preferred institution is not above, do not panic a small about 95% of Nigerian universities accept the programme. Just to be sure that your preferred institution accept the certificate, kindly put a call across to us on 08187176895 to confirm.
What is JUPEB ‘s Aim
Yearly, more than 1.6 million students sit for JAMB and a fraction of the students get to pass the examination. In a bid to have an alternative way of securing admission into Nigerian universities without the traditional JAMB, JUPEB programme was birthed. With JJUPEB, successful candidates can secure admission into 200lv without JAMB.
What is JUPEB Objectives
- To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the University.
- To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University wo
- To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
Duration for JUPEB Programme
The Joint University Preliminary Examination Board programme is a 10 month programme. With two semesters.
Also Read: JUPEB Registration Closing Date
Requirements for JUPEB Admission
To be qualified for JUPEB admission, successfully registered candidates should have met the following requirements;
- The candidate should have registered, sit for the board’s Examinations and satisfy the three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities as recommended by the examination body.
- All JUPEB candidates are required to taken six courses per semester I.e a total of twelve (12) courses and a General Studies course at the end of the programme.
- At the end of the exercise, candidates are graded based on their performance in the examination. All candidates must satisfy all other conditions as required by preffered university.
Note: Candidates are expected to choose three courses relevant to his or her course of study e.g a student going for medicine should choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Below are the list of available courses to choose from;
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
4. Agricultural Science
5. Islamic Studies
11. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
19. Literature in English,
20. Christian Religious Studies.
JUPEB School Fees and Cost of Application Form
JUPEB school fees vary from centre to centre. The amount is between 220,000 to 450,000 depending on the state and centre. The application form also vary. It is between 10,000 and 15,000.
Note: JUPEB school fees at our Study Centres nationwide is between 220,000 and 250,000 and our form is 10,000.
How JUPEB Certificate Exams are Set and Graded
The examination process is organized by the study centers and the examination board. A mock exam conducted by your study centre forms 30% of the total score. This score is forwarded to the board. Thefinal examination which is organized by the Board take the remaining 70%.
Just like Cambridge A/Level results, JUPEB results are graded; A (5 points), B (4 points),C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
Each of the candidates are expected to offer three courses. The grades acquired from the three courses are combined to form the Cut Off Mark for your admission.
For example, if University of Lagos Cut Off Mark for medicine is 13 points. It means that candidates with either AAA is equal to 15 points, AAB =14 points, AAC =13 points or ABB =13 points.
Does Jupeb Examination Results expire after every year?
JUPEB results do not expire. You can use the certificate o apply for admission over and over.
JUPEB Registration Procedures
Kindly check our JUPEB registration procedures here
Helplines: 08187176895 or 08127077095